The Best Experience of Palolem Beach in Goa
This is a beautiful clean beach with few people around, there are lots of accommodations right on the beach which is the best things about this place and in case ur an adventure freak you can go for a kayaking trip in the sea or the back waters.
Palolem Beach is a stretch of white sand on a bay in Goa, South India. It's known for its calm waters and for its nightlife, including "silent discos" where partygoers wear headphones. Lined with palm trees and colorful wooden shacks, the beach faces Canacona Island, known for its resident monkeys. To the south, turtles nest at Galgibaga Beach. Inland, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary is home to birds, wild boars and gaur
Why Palolem beach is famous?Image result for palolem beach
It's known for its beautiful crescent – shape which makes it possible to see both the ends from the centre of the beach. Featured in Matt Damon English Movie The Bourne Supremacy; it's another kind of beach with Green Island; its definitely one of the places to be in.
Palolem worth visiting?Palolem was recommended to us as one of the most beautiful beaches in south Goa. A place where we could relax, unwind and recharge. A place where the all-night techno parties and commonplace clichés found further north were minimal. A place more isolated, more tranquil, and perhaps more to our tastes.
Which is better Agonda or Palolem?Agonda is more chilled out and has a spectacular, clean beach which is fantastic for walking along, I'd say Palolem beach is better for swimming, is busier and has slightly better food option, be sure to eat at Ourem 88 restaurant if you can, it's one of the best in Goa.
The most popular beach of South Goa, Palolem is also one of the most picturesque beaches in the state. Enclosed by a thick forest of coconut palms, Palolem is popular amongst family vacationers as well as backpackers and young crowds. The beach is as perfect for a quiet laid-back holiday as for partying.
The north side of the beach is where one can find family vacationers enjoying their quiet and relaxing holiday. In the centre and south of Palolem Beach, backpackers and young crowd can be seen hanging out at the beach shacks or enjoying watersports.
Top Things to Do in and around Palolem Beach:
- Dolphin Sighting : Boats can be hired from Palolem Beach for enjoying a great session of dolphin sighting. It is a great experience to sight a pod of dolphins or a single dolphin swimming along your boat.
- Fishing : One can hire a boat to go on a fishing trip from Palolem Beach. An inexpensive trip along the backwater canals during the high tide can be enjoyed.
- Kayaking : Kayaking is possible along the backwater canals near Palolem Beach. It is in fact, a great way to explore the area.Hike to Butterfly Beach : During the low tide, one can even attempt to hike to the Butterfly Beach. It is the perfect place to catch the view of the beautiful sunset.
- Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary : A day trip from Palolem can be made to Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, where the rich wildlife of Goa can be witnessed.
- Shopping : Palolem has a strip of shops just behind the beach where one can buy a number of items including souvenirs and Bohomenian jewellery and clothing.
- Learn Cooking : Learn making North Indian and Goan cuisine at Chef Rahul’s cooking classes at his kitchen on Palolem's main road, behind Cuba beach bungalow.
- Wellness Treatment : One can avail a mixture of Ayurvedic massages, reflexology, Reiki and energy healing at Himalayan Therapeutic Studio. Learning/practising Yoga is also a possibility at Cozy Nook, Anand Yoga Village, Bhakti Kutir, Ruban Yoga and Ayurveda Village, Earth Yoga Village, and Dreamcatcher.